The objectives of the Society are listed below:
- Promote the importance of airtightness of buildings.
- Promote the importance of air permeability testing of buildings.
- Foster research and development of airtight design, construction and testing of buildings.
- Support legislation of building airtightness and the adoption of air permeability testing.
- Adopt and develop standards for air permeability design, construction and testing of buildings.
- Provide and support airtightness training for designers, builders and tradespeople.
- Support a certification scheme for air permeability testers.
- Provide leadership in the regulation and standards of this profession.
- Promote and encourage professional and ethical conduct of members.
- Support a quality assurance and data collection scheme for air permeability tests.
- Manage the Society in an efficient and cost-effective manner for the advancement of the Society and it’s members.